About Me

Putrajaya, Malaysia
8th Ed. Warhammer Fantasy Battle is damn fun. Try it!!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Another Eldar host

On Sept. 26th (Saturday), i finally got my chance to go to GC. So i grab my WE bag and went for a game. There's quite a crowd in there but they are all either into Spacehulk, D&D, painting or plainly just hanging around for fun.

I asked around and finally got a game. Against a new player with his Eldar forces. His army was majority still under painting. He has enough models assembled for a 1750 game so we game in no time :).

Game: Secure and Control, Pitch Battle

World Eaters - Lead by Lord Ammar
Winged Lord - Stomped to death by a Warwalker :lol:
5 Termies
3x8 Berserkers
3 Rhinoes - 1 destroyed
2x5 Raptors
1 Lass-Pred - destroyed
2 Dakka-Pred - 1 Destroyed

Black Primed Eldar Craftworld
Avatar
Farseer
Banshees (in Serpent)
Dragons (in Falcon)
Dire Avengers (in Serpent)
2x10 Guardians - 1 unit flees
6 Jetbikes
2 Vipers (in a squadron) - 1 destroyed
2 Warwalkers - 1 destroyed


Turn 1: The table setup was biased towards the Eldar (I was the one who set it that way hahah). That red-shirt guy is my opponent. I go 1st and speed towards his line.
End of WE's Turn 2: Both Raptor Squads and Termies came too early. Predators pound one Guardian Squad, forcing the survivors to flee. Eldar circled around towards the left, aiming for my lone Lass-pred.
End of Eldar's Turn 3: 1 Lass-pred, 1 Dakka-pred, 1 Rhino destroyed. WE controlled both objectives.
End of WE's Turn 4: Lots of bad rolls, Lord Ammar fought a Warwalker and rolled 1 for his DW. Later he was stomped to death. WE controlled 2 objectives.
End of Turn 5 (End game): Eldar do what they always do in the 5th turn. Contest objectives. I see it long before it happens, but dont think the distance is enough for him to reach both objectives. Failing that, i believe i can win in Turn 6. But then the game ended with a roll of 1.
Result: The game ended in a draw.
Lesson learned: Try to avoid wrong judgement.
WE record: 5 wins, 1 draw, 2 loses.

4 comments:

khairul e said...

Guy's name is Andy. He's staring ulthwe craftworld. What time u were there bro? I left at arnd 7pm. Would love a game against yr WE.

Lord AK said...

Yeah.. Andy. Now i remember. Thanx bro :).

I arrived at 9.30 pm that day. No wonder we didn't meet. You wanna fight my WE?

Well.. As much as i too wanna fight your eldar, i don't know when i can play lah. With my newborn kids around, i now have less and less time for painting, much less for a game.

khairul e said...

I understand. With 2 new babies you need to spend more time with them and mommy. I have 4 kids bro.

Just tell me when and what time ur free and i'll try to adjust? Your red against my red....

Lord AK said...

4 kids? Wow.. same as my brother Din. You must be around his age then.

I dont know when i'll be free. But if that happens i'll tell you. But how do i contact you. PM me your number in 40kMalaysia lah senang.