About Me

Putrajaya, Malaysia
8th Ed. Warhammer Fantasy Battle is damn fun. Try it!!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Me and my World Eaters

I have been playing the World Eaters for 5 years now. It all began when i found 2 boxes of Berserkers under my bed. They belongs to Din, I was (at that time) living in his house. I already have a Necron army that time, but i don't Necrons are my style. I prefer Close Combat more than anything else. Necrons are just not belong to that category. Din allows me to have those Berserkers and so began my descent into the Realm of Khorne.

As with all of His champion, I struggled much to make my WE live up to their reputation. It was hard, the Blood Frenzy almost makes the army unplayable. My list During the early years is as below:

Kharn
Bloodthirster
8 Possesed of Khorne Powerfist, Rage o Khorne (Rhino)
8 Berserkers (Rhino) Powerweapon
8 Berserkers Powerfist, Rage
8 Bloodletters
Lass-Pred
Dakka-Pred/Defiler
total: 1.5k

I lose almost all my games. It was very disencouraging to go forward. The worst defeat is when i fought this boy Kareem. I lost and then only we all learned that the boy was using a 1k list. I was a laughing stock for months. I quit playing WE for a while due to that and concentrate on my Necrons which was having a stream of success, even reaching Finals in GC Tourney (where i lose to Din).

But once again, i longed for brutal close combat actions. Which brings me back to my WE. I do some research and later learned about "The Red-tide". It involes utilising very aspect of Blood Frenzy for total anihilation, or simply annihilated. All this time i've been trying to control the Blood Frenzy, and i was shown the error of my way. I must completely accept the gift of Blood Frenzy, fully accept the gift of the Blood God. There is no gray area in the realm of Khorne, there is either Red.. or nothing at all.

And the next time i brought my WE, my list is as follows:
Daemon Prince with Speed, Armour, Aura, Resilience & 2 CCWeapon
Bloodthirster
16 Berserkers + Spawn PWeapon, DChain, Talisman of Burning Blood
16 Berserkers + Spawn PFist, Rage, ToBB
5 Bloodletters
5 Bloodletters
Lass-Pred
Dakka Pred
total:1.5/1.75

The list is a very fast-moving list. Talisman of Burning Blood ensures that my Berserkers always move more than 6 every turn. Deployed as fast as possible to enemy lines, they can reach the enemy during the 2nd turn (if luck permits). All the meanwhile, my Daemon Prince speeds towards enemy from the flank. And then came the Daemons..

I remember my very 1st game was vs Dann's Legion of The Damned. It was a very rare day when Rizal came to GC.. I remember Rizal have a look at my army and say how my Berserkers are so dead, facing Defilers and Leman Russes without any cover (It was in fact the truth of the situation). And then it ended ... I can still remember the sweet taste of victory when it is all finally over. The Red-tide has won!! It is truly the way favoured by Khorne.
(note: Dann challenges me later and he won the 2nd game :). But i cares not).

Since that day, i have fought countless of battles with my Red-tide, sometimes lost, but mostly a win. It was either win big, or lose big. But every game was as fun as the next. The best game was definitely against Warlord Nikolork's Green-tide.. Green Tide vs Red Tide. No-one remembers the number of attacks we delivered that day, but it reaches close to a thousand!! And our poster decorated the wall of GC for years to come....

Then came the new Codex..

...to be continued.

3 comments:

Ivan Ng said...

CSM then and CSM now is so different.
I can't understand half the things in your armylist.

Anyways it's never easy starting out with something new. I must admit, that's one of the reason that's keeping me from playing a game in front of a lot of people. I'm competitive by nature and it's not a good thing.

Lord AK said...

The new codex is easy to uncerstand and good for newbies. But it throw away all the flavor which makes CSM unique in every sense.

I myself is competitive by nature. Who doesn't :). It all goes to the fact that nobody likes to lose. But it was all good experience. Compares to losing a game, you'll lose more by not playing.

Ivan Ng said...

That's very true bro. Very true.