About Me

Putrajaya, Malaysia
8th Ed. Warhammer Fantasy Battle is damn fun. Try it!!

Monday, February 10, 2014

Fantasy Fever

I have always prefer Warhammer Fantasy Battles compared to 40k and the 8th Edition is easily the best of all edition we have so far. There has been an increase in the number of WFB players and we can see WFB being played almost every day of the weekend at Hobby Forge. Fun moment, I hope it will last a long time.

Last Friday (7th Feb 14), my DE had a match against our misguided kin, the High Elves. The battle was promising for us DE, but it had to end prematurely due to a distress call from my opponent's family. Looking at my opponent's army across the table, it was almost fully painted and that kinda put me to shame. The guy was just a newbie with only 4-5 months into the game. Of course his army was smaller with 2 Dragons, but having it all fully painted was quite an achievement for a newbie.

Me on the other hand, began my DE 10 years back in 2004. After 10 years, they are only about 70% painted. They don't even have proper movement trays. So that night when I reach home, I took out my tools, the movement tray set, and began working on it. By 4.30 am, it's done and as you can see in the picture below, they are now properly organized and ready for battle. 

Missing from the picture was 8 Dark Riders, 10 Shades,
a Dreadlord on Cold One, a Sorceress, and a BSB on Cold One
The following days I started painting the Corsairs whenever I can and completed 5 minis in addition to the 5 painted years back. I will for now focus on this unit and try to complete as much as possible before the next gaming session.

In the last post, I said that I would finish the 2nd RG Sniper Squad in about a week. With the focus to the DE Corsairs, I now put the Snipers aside for a while. Though I did painted one of them just to try out the colour scheme. Not bad eh :)


Let us pray I can keep the momentum and finish the whole 30 man unit. 10 done, 20 more to go.

Well, that's it for today. Thank you for reading. Have a nice day :)

3 comments:

spunkybass said...

That was an inspired moment of painting! Congrats! Maybe one day I'll get back into WFB. The scout's really nice btw

Lord AK said...

Yup.. even newbies can inspire us vets :)

jinn said...

That is @_@"
Crazy Awesome $#!+ man....
I salute u!!!