About Me

Putrajaya, Malaysia
8th Ed. Warhammer Fantasy Battle is damn fun. Try it!!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Blessings of Khorne

Since the huge defeat at MaGaCon.. my World Eaters has been tending their wounds in their home base (that is the cabinet). This weekend somehow my daughter managed to breach the defence of my Hobby Room and wreck the World Eaters homebase. Luckily the damage wasn't so bad and soon after with a sad feeling I began rearranging them back onto the shelf.

Then it came to me, since they're out already why not pit them against one of my armies. And so I play them against my Raven Guard in a Seize Ground, Spearhead game where they were sorrily beaten due to bad armour save (it keeps on happening again and again). It makes me wonder, why was it that my World Eaters so bad at Armour Saves?

I look at them Berserkers, wonder for a few minutes and saw how their left shoulder pad was not marked with any World Eaters nor Khornate Icon. Without much thought I take out the Khornate Brass Etched I have and start working. Cutting those brass bits, curved them to fit the shoulder pads, glue them in place, and simple wash with Badab Black took me some 3-4 hours to finish all 24 of them.

Once they're done, I sent them to battle once more against the RGs (Annihilation, Dawn of War). The result was marvelous. Suffice to say, the number of Armur Saves they made is beyond my expectation. The game ended with them beating the RGs 9-7 in KPs. It's the Khorne's blessing I tell you :lol: I was so happy with the result I end up painting 3 more Raptor models so that I can play my favourite setup of 2x5 Raptors with 2 Meltaguns.

The next hobby session, I might end up bringing them to play. But before that, I'll do several playtests. The list I'm currently trying is :

Winged Khorne Prince
5 Khorne Terminators - 3 CombiMeltaguns, 1 HFlamer, 1 PFist
8 Berserkers - Power Fist (in Rhino)
8 Berserkers - Power Fist (in Rhino)
8 Berserkers - Power Weapon (in Rhino)
5 Raptors - 2 Meltaguns
5 Raptors - 2 Meltaguns
Predator - Autocannon, Lasscannon Side Sponsons, Havoc Missile Launcher
Predator - Autocannon, Lasscannon Side Sponsons, Havoc Missile Launcher
2 Obliterators 
Total : 1750 points


BLOOOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

*****

 
About the RG Venerable Dread, I'm done with the Plasma Cannon Right Arm. The White Raven is of course, a freehand. Next in line will be the Left Arm. I'm actually waiting for some Forgeworld bits for this model. Hopefully it arrive in time.

Okay guys.. have fun :)

3 comments:

Vuel said...

Nice RG freehand. You're entering the Dreadnought for Golden Kris, aren't you?

Can we have a look at the upgraded Khorne Berserkers?

Lord AK said...

yup.. didn't submit anything last year. So this year will try to make it to all 40k categories.

I'll post the Berserkers together with the Long Fangs that I'm currently doing in the next post.

FourEyedMonster said...

Cool World Eaters army! Heh heh ... looks like your daughter put the fear of the emperah into your WE army.