About Me

Putrajaya, Malaysia
8th Ed. Warhammer Fantasy Battle is damn fun. Try it!!

Monday, April 9, 2012

WIP - RG Venerable Dread

I know I haven't been active these lately. But no.. I've not been lazy. Although my time is very limited, I managed to finish 13 Raider/Ravager crew for my Dark Elves. There's 4 more crews to go but I've been bored already with them and hop on to another project. Something that has been put on hold for about 2 years already.. The Raven Guard Venerable Dread.

Assembling was fun. I love doing movable joints coz I really enjoy doing cool poses with my minis. So I spent quite some time magnetizing the shoulders, waist,  elbow (left arm), the banner and the head. Once everything was done. I straightaway proceed to painting.

 The progress so far..
I did it from below. Both feet was done, currently painting the legs. 
I'm aiming for realistic shining metal look. I think I achieved it somewhat.
Stay tune for more update :-)

4 comments:

FourEyedMonster said...

Arrghh! Is that a Khorne Berzerker head I see on the base. Noooooo!

Did you use a combination of wash, boltgun metal, chainmail and mihtril silver to acheive the metal effect?

dif2find said...

Nice progress bro. Cant wait to see more.

Lord AK said...

@FEM : Yup.. but I use watered down Tamiya Smoke for wash instead of Badab Black.

me said...

Man... the NMM on the toe is just.. AWESOME.. I din pay much attention when I first see the photo.. but when I enlarge the picture.. WOW!

Nice one! Can't wait to see it in it fully painted glory!