About Me

Putrajaya, Malaysia
8th Ed. Warhammer Fantasy Battle is damn fun. Try it!!

Monday, November 16, 2009

The Inquisition Wars - Aftermath

It is finally over. The war between the two Inquisitor is finally over. The Reds has triumphed over the Black ones. And my World Eaters has played a large role in bringing down the Black Inquisitor.

It was quite funny actually. When i made this tourney list, i was aiming for a fun and fluffy World Eaters list. I also drop my 2 Daemon Princes just because i want people to see my lovingly crafted Winged Lord Ammar.

Even at a glance, people can see straight away that this isn't a very strong list. And the loses I suffered during playtest just shows that my list belongs to the middle tier.

Lord Ammar's Eastern Barbaric Skullcrusher

1st Game : VS. Ceiran's CSM
My 1st opponent was Ceiran's Khornate Army.
I was the Defender and he, the Attacker. We fought untill turn 6 and I manage to kill/destroy everything in his army except his Terminator Lord who is hiding inside his Land Raider. I only lost my Termies, Oblits and a Dakka Pred.

Result : WE win 16 - 5

2nd Game : VS Iz's Mad Mobz
My 2nd game was against the Defending Champion - Warboss Iz's and his mad mobs of bullies. I never had a chance to fight him before and suddenly it happened, in a tourney. Just look at those Nobz Bikers, 9 of them!!
Iz won the 1st turn but gave it to me, so in the 1st turn i decided to forget about the mission. I moved all my key units into the stonehenge, as close as possible to his bikers and the Ard Boys (led by Mad Doc Grotsnik). It was an open challenge, a challenge that the proud Warboss cannot run away from.
"the battle at the Stonehenge"

Lord Ammar, 24 Berserkers, 8 Khorne Raptors
vs.
Warboss Grimfang and 9 Nobz Bikers, Mad Dok Grotsnik and 30 Ard Boyz, Snikrot and his Commandoes
Result: World Eaters WIN!!!

By the 3rd turn, Iz conceded the game after losing all his key units. Not to mention, his Gretchins (in reserve) failed to come in (prolly ran away after watching their great Warboss slain in battle is my guess heheh). In the end, I still have all my units except for the Lord and 2 Rhinoes.

Result : WE win 18 - 6

3rd Game : VS. Saim Han
After our mishap that hobby night, Khairul and me was destined to fight in tourney. I hate fighting Eldar, my army cannot handle the mobility of Eldar and this is proven in my testplay at GC where i lost 2 games vs Eldar.

Much worst, this list has Eldrad, and he seized the Initiative. Truly the worst case scenario.


2 of my Rhinoes were Wrecked in the 1st turn and that greatly demoralised me. But i just keep on playing as usual, runing my Berserkers (in between ruins) towards the Eldar. Luckily for me, Khairul tends to make a lot of mistake (some are big enough mistakes) and I use that to my advantage and grab my 3rd win.

In the end, only a Prism and a Falcon (Saim Han) survive the game while i only lost a Lord and 3 Rhinoes.

Result : WE win 18-6

In the end, I was placed 3rd under my brother, Din, and the New Grandmaster - Sujin (All hail the Grandmaster!!). I lost by Appearance (6/9 points) and Sportsmanship (3/9 points).

It was a great event. Ave Legio!!

Din's Space Hulk Boarding Party (Blood Angels)
- remember that Dante? :)

No comments: