About Me

Putrajaya, Malaysia
8th Ed. Warhammer Fantasy Battle is damn fun. Try it!!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

First attempt at a Raven Guard Sniper

I have two Sniper team in my current Raven Guard list. The setup was 4 Sniper Rifles and 1 Heavy Bolter with Hellfire Shells per squad.

In my attempt to revive the World Eaters and come up with a good Raven Guard list at the same time, I've been doing many play test games back home. I never put high expectation on the Snipers, but they always did more that what I hoped for, killing Be'lakor, taking out Khorne Bikers, Khorne Lord and more marines.

So I decided to proceed with painting them and this is my first attempt.

FW RG Brass Etch makes life much easier. Every RG player should have one
The Camo Cloak was a blend of Adeptus Battlegray, Astronomicon Grey and Rakarth Flesh strokes.
I went for Urban Camo to fit my RG theme
I received some good input from guys at the Hall of Heroes, so I'm going to redo the base to dark greyish urban colour, same as the rest of the Raven Guard.

Thanks for visiting. Have a nice day :-)

3 comments:

spunkybass said...

Snipers are awesome! Btw, I have a full RG transfer sheet. If you want it I'll bring it to HF tomorrow

FourEyedMonster said...

You know what could be way cool ... taking a black and white shot of the sniper. ^^

Lord AK said...

@Spunky : RG Transfer would be handy. I'll PM you at wargamesmalaysia :)

@FEM : Metal Gear eh ;)