About Me

Putrajaya, Malaysia
8th Ed. Warhammer Fantasy Battle is damn fun. Try it!!

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Tutorial : Easy Gold

I'm sure everyone knew how to paint gold already. Everyone has their own method of painting gold. For me, the step is as follows:

i. Chaos Black
ii. Tin Bitz
iii. Shining Gold
iv. Badab Black or Tamiya Smoke
v. Shining Gold
vi. Chainmail - Highlights

Normally, I would stop at step iii. But when I do characters or some particularly important piece, I would proceed to step iv and above. But this method are never fast enough. Getting even layer of Gold on top of Tin Bitz took so much time. Lucky I found a new method for painting gold. It helped me much in painting the Necrons and now I'm gonna share it to you all.

For this tutorial, I use a Juggernaut model. It will be the mount for my World Eater Lord with Axe of Blind Fury. Most Juggernaut I saw around here was painted in the usual Red with Gold trim. I want something unique for my Lord, so decided on gold. Pure Gold. Here is the step by step tutorial after applying Black Primer.


Step 1 : Tamiya Gold, spray all over the model
Step 2 : Badab Black, make sure it reaches all the deep recesses
Step 3 : Shining Gold, focusing on the raised area and it's done. Now can proceed to other details.
Finished look : Right view
Finished look : Left view
Added some more spikes
Hope this simple tutorial helps you all in your hobby. I'd like to end this post here, but look what I found just yesterday at Daiso ...
See how perfectly 10 man Bloodletters fit the display case. I'll be getting more of these soon.
... some display cases! It can fit one full squad of 10 man Tactical Squad. At RM5 a piece, it is very cheap. I took 4 back home and plan to get another 10 the next time I visit there. A very good buy, help protect our display pieces from dust. I'm sure you guys will like it too. 

That's all for today. Have a nice day :).

1 comment:

FourEyedMonster said...

Always nice to learn new ways to paint any colour ... nice tutorial.