About Me

Putrajaya, Malaysia
8th Ed. Warhammer Fantasy Battle is damn fun. Try it!!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

2nd game with the Raven Guard

I had another game yesterday. It was a fun Killpoint game versus a unique Thousand Sons army lead by Ahriman. All those AP3 bolters are scary and my marines suffered quite badly during the first two turns. 

I made a huge mistake during deployment. In result, my Assault Marines required 3 turns to reach the enemy. Thousand Sons with access to multiple biomancy spells reducing my troops Strentgh and Toughness, took a lot of strength from my Raven Guard.

The 3rd turn was where it all begin. My assault was a success, taking out a squad of Thousand Sons and Horrors. My Chapter Master killed a Tzeentch Sorcerer while a Veteran Assault Sergeant killed a Herald of Tzeentch.

But one thing happened that prevent this from being a complete rout of the Thousand Sons. I rolled double 1 for Assault Terminators that was charging Ahriman and around 10 Rubric Marines. (See how close it was from the picture below). Otherwise things would've turned out better for my Raven Guard. 


With that failed charge, the Thousand Sons able to take out the Terminators with shooting and assault in the next turn. The rest of the game saw both of us tried our best to beat each other in combat.

The game ended in the 5th turn where my Raven Guard lost 4-9. Another lost but it was one fine game I truly enjoy.

Hopefully my Raven Guard can do better next time.




No comments: