About Me

Putrajaya, Malaysia
8th Ed. Warhammer Fantasy Battle is damn fun. Try it!!

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Mummy Returns!!

Damn the new Necrons is so much fun to play with. And two recent wins boost my morale to take out paintset and continue what I have left several years back.

First up is the Necron Lord. It was one of the earliest model painted by me when I entered this hobby. Since the new codex release, he has won me two massacre victories. So I think he deserves some love from me. I spent some 2 hours to facelift this guy and I must say, he now looks several times better than previously. Too bad I forgot to take pic of him before the facelift for comparison.
Next up is the Immortals.. just before I sent them sleeping years back, I have painted seven Immortals in mummy theme. I have now finished painting two more of them. Now there's only one left to paint for a complete squad of ten or 2x5 that I usually play.

And finally, the Destroyer. I never had more than two Destroyers back then. So when a buddy of mine offered 3 Destroyers + 1 Heavy Destroyers at RM185, I was quick to seal the deal. But we all know the current Destroyers sucks bad compares to their previous incarnation. So why bother?

Well.. The destroyers do be sucks, but not them Heavy Destroyers. S9 AP2 on Jump Infantry is not something to ignore, especially when you can give them "Tank Hunter" skills (Zahndrekh). So spent some time and did some conversion using the spare Gauss Cannons I have to make two more Heavy Destroyers with better looking (IMHO :)) Heavy Gauss Cannons. Now I have a fully kitted 5 man Destroyer Squad to accompany my Destroyer Lord in fun games.

I will begin painting them after the last Immortal was done.


I plan to bring my Necrons for the coming MaGaCon (I've not yet submitted any list!!!). But I can never complete my list in time because Hobby Forge ran out of stocks for Necron stuffs the last time I visit there. So I'll bring my World Eaters instead just for fun. There's no way they can easily compete against any recent codex out there.. but that will of course makes winning all the more sweeter isn't it :)

Have fun guys

No comments: