About Me

Putrajaya, Malaysia
8th Ed. Warhammer Fantasy Battle is damn fun. Try it!!

Monday, August 3, 2009

Legio WFB Tourney 2009

The 1st Legio Tourney was so much fun, it was beyond my expectation. Only 14 players participate (9 S'poreans and 5 M'sians), but it was hell lot of fun indeed. The S'poreans are cool and friendly, and that was one of the most important factor for a good gaming experience.

Nik Kamal, Me, Asco and Jospoon with Team S'pore (Where's Christ Koh?). The winner at the front are for (from left - right) Best Painted, Best Overall, and Best Sports.
My Army, the Anti-magic Dark Elves
1st game - vs a Tzeentch Daemon army. I won a Minor Victory by capturing 2 table quaters. And oh.. i do capture the shard and my CoK champ became a lvl 1 Sorcerer.. Yeay!! :)
My 2nd game - vs the hated High Elves (with Tyrion). I slaughtered everyone in his army, but his Deathstar beat my Deathstar (worth double the points) and we drew.
My 3rd game - vs the my worst enemy, The Undead. Never won an Undead army since the last DE book. Never faced one with the New DE. Don't have any magic to counter his invocation, dont have the necessary skills to beat the player. And so, a solid lost against the Undead.
My result is 1 Win, 1 Draw & 1 Lost. Not bad i think , especially since this was my 5th, 6th and 7th game with the new DE :)

The best painted army
This Ogre Tyrant is prolly the best painted figure in the tournament. His army was well painted too. Too bad his army wasn't 100% painted, else the best painted awards should be his.
Nik Kamal's Vlad and his Zombie Host.
Congatulations to Legio for a simple, yet truly fun event. Ave Legio!!

No comments: