About Me

Putrajaya, Malaysia
8th Ed. Warhammer Fantasy Battle is damn fun. Try it!!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Sun Pirates

My Dark Eldar Kabal of The Black Sun a.k.a. the Sun Pirates. This is the 1st army I have that is not MEQ in armour saves/stats. So i need to really master them before I take them to actual space raid.

I've done several playtesting against my own existing armies. I lost through several early testplay. It was difficult being fragile and naked (especially them wyches). But nowadays (20+ playtest already), the Sun Pirates has grown so much in experience that they never lost any recent playtest.

The list that I used in the most recent playtesting is as below:

Archon Huskblade, Combat Drugs, Ghostplate Armour, Soul Trap, Shadow Field
5 Incubi
Raider with Disintegrator Cannon, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield

3 Trueborn 2 Splinter Cannons
Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons

3 Trueborn 2 Splinter Cannons
Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons

5 Warriors Blaster
Raider with Dark Lance, Nightshield

5 Warriors Blaster
Raider with Dark Lance, Nightshield

5 Warriors Blaster
Raider with Dark Lance, Nightshield

10 Wyches 2 Shardnet & Impaler, Hekatrix with Agonizer
Raider with Disintegrator Cannons, Aethersails

3 Reavers Heatlance

3 Reavers Heatlance

Ravager - 3 Disintegrator Cannons, Nightshield, Flickerfield

Ravager - 3 Disintegrator Cannons, Nightshield, Flickerfield

Ravager - 3 Dark Lance, Nightshield, Flickerfield

The 1st playtest is done and it was a massacre win againsts my World Eaters. The Trueborn unit turns out to be the most cost effective unit in the game. Working together they killed anything with Toughness value that came into their view, leaving nothing for my DC Ravagers to shoot at as they come from reserve.

So for the next playtest (against either RG or 13th Co.), I'll change the Ravager trio setup to 1 with 3 DCs and 2 with DLs too boost my anti-armour capabilities.

This below is the model that I have right now. As you can see, several unit is still missing but it wont be for long.


The Sun Pirates

No comments: